Join Our Collective!
Current Job Openings:
Project Manager, Capacity Building (Part Time or Full Time) – CLOSED
Time: Part time to full time, depending on availability
Location: Fully Remote (organization based in King County, Washington)
Full Time Salary: $60,000 to $65,000/year DOE
Part Time Salary: $30,000 to $45,000/year DOE and schedule (hours per week)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, 401(k), Professional Development Funds
As a member of our team, you will provide data capacity building support as a consultant to community-based organizations in Washington State and beyond who serve children, adults and families through a wide range of programs. Currently, many programs we serve work in the areas of early learning, doula services, home visiting and parenting classes. To learn more about our work, our approach, and our values, see our website: www.thecapacitycollective.org.
- Meet virtually with a wide range of individuals and groups, with a high level of
cultural humility and respect for lived experiences;
- Assess individual-, program- and organizational-level capacity to collect, store, analyze and disseminate data that can secure and maintain funding and meaningful programs;
- Support individuals and organizations in setting and achieving data-related goals;
- Support individuals and organizations in reviewing their data and evaluation tools and processes to find opportunities for improvement;
- Provide training and coaching in data-related processes, procedures and platforms;
- Conduct research as needed to determine best ways to support the unique data-related needs of diverse communities;
- Develop research and evaluation tools, such as survey questionnaires, forms, and procedures for gathering and processing data;
- Maintain electronic files and records, databases, and/or computer tracking systems for project documentation and monitoring;
- Schedule, coordinate, facilitate, and plan for meetings, including managing calendars, preparing agendas as needed, and hosting online; and
- Develop and document new processes as needed.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Experience (lived and/or working) with immigrant and refugee groups
- Understanding of systemic inequalities, and commitment to anti-racist practices
- Written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience with basic to advanced Data Visualization (charts, graphs, infographics, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Google Drive Suite, including Google Docs, Sheets and Forms
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative research methods (such as surveys, focus groups, and/or interviews)
- A Master’s Degree in a human service field (e.g. sociology or social work) and/or a combination of experiences. We acknowledge unequal access to education; Individuals with lived experience are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Program Evaluation
- Project Management Platforms like Trello, Monday or Microsoft Teams
- Data Visualization Platforms like Google Data Studio
- Virtual Conferencing Platforms like Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams or Google Hangout
- Experience training, coaching or teaching others
- Experience with (or interest in) Client/Data Management Services platforms like Apricot, Penelope, ETO or Salesforce.
- Experience with using data for advocacy and/or grant writing
- Program/Project Management
- Experience (or interest) in database administration is not required, but a definite plus
- Skills in languages other than English not required, but a definite plus
Work Schedule and Location
We are generally available to our clients during the times they work, which is usually Monday through Friday during standard business hours. Overall, there is a lot of flexibility, and work is completed fully remotely.
About The Capacity Collective
We imagine a just future, where community-based organizations have the skills and resources they need to capture, analyze and share their own stories. We recognize that many social inequities are mirrored in the nonprofit sector, with larger organizations better positioned to secure sustainable funding than their smaller counterparts, which are often organizations serving and led by members of marginalized communities. Our goal is to build the capacity of smaller and grassroots organizations to better compete for funding, while also creating programs that are responsive and meaningful to the communities they serve. We believe people are the experts of their communities and experiences; we strive to share our expertise in data and evaluation in ways that can support the missions of community-based organizations in the short term and transform the nonprofit sector in the long term.
We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Black, Indigenous and People of Color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, veterans, and people who have experienced incarceration.
Please submit (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter and (3) an example of a data-related tool, data report or data visualization you have created (if co-created, please describe your specific contributions) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm PDT on July 25, 2022. In your cover letter please briefly address the following:
- Why are you interested in The Capacity Collective? How do you see yourself contributing to our vision and mission?
- What is your experience with non-profits and/or community-based organizations?
- How do you see the roles of equity and justice in data?
- What is your experience with using, implementing and/or managing a database, or a data management system? For example, Apricot, Salesforce, Insightly, Penelope or ETO. Have you been a user? Have you worked on the back end?
If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application process, or if you have questions, please contact email@example.com.